gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
572363 Posts in 510035 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 February 23, 2019, 03:31:38 am
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Windows 8.1 issue with nox  (Read 8536 times)
nitros
Apprentice

E-Cock: 0

« on: April 03, 2014, 05:55:53 am »

Hello,

Ive spent the last few hours trying everything to get nox to work on my new PC and am about to give up. Just wondering if anyones got any ideas i could try.

Basically i can install by disk and get the cut scenes and installation 0-100% to work fine visually. i can start up nox get the introduction of hecubah video the westwood globe scene and then the nox with the animations rolling around the words but as soon as i get to the screen click to continue the screen just flashes. If i click i hear the sparkly noise and i can here panels opening up as if i clicked an option but the screen just continues to flash. I alt tab and come back in it loads the screen with the menu but its just frozen but i can still hear my mouse clicks.

Ive tryed the CD install and the easier install in all compatibility modes. If i change the compatibilities through properties windows 95 and 98 it doesnt open at all.

I extracted the SDL patch and when i try to open the game it just freezes and goes into not responding.

If i create a shortcut and put the path to end with -window i get an error saying change windows desktop to 16 bit High color but the only display settings for 8.1 are 32 bit.

Any ideas or help is appreciated thanks
nitros
Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:01:11 am »

Ok found a 16 bit colour option in compatibility mode it loads in windows 98 but its pink and green and moves extremely slow.

Windows xp service pack 3 loads its perfect colour and sound but everything is extremely slow to respond from mouse clicks and movements and even the menu options drop down really slow. Anyone experienced this before?
nitros
Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34:22 am »

Ok got it to work so ignore everything above. if anyone has a problem like this the options i used are

640/480

Reduced colour mode - 16 bit

Run as administrator

compatibility mode - windows 8 (dont know why this worked)
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx