gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
572363 Posts in 510035 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 April 22, 2019, 02:50:43 pm
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lifelong Hosting Issue  (Read 5322 times)
VoDkA
Apprentice

E-Cock: 0

When I drink water, I piss ice cubes.

« on: February 25, 2014, 06:25:17 am »

Since the beginning of my NoX career (wtf?), I've had this issue with joining an online multiplayer game from within the same network. It always either just tries to connect for an age and times out, or connects extremely fast and freezes. Has anyone else had this problem? How would I go about fixing this bullshit issue?

Thanks,
VoDkA
Posted on: February 22, 2014, 08:46:00 PM
Anybody? Help? :0

RIP AND TEAR, BABY! DANCE, BONEDADDY! DANCE!
NOLIMIT12
Veteran

E-Cock: -4

First 7 2004-11-21

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:52:20 pm »

seting up static ip's on your systems is the only way

][\][()][_][][V][]["]["
royal666
Legendary

E-Cock: -1

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:31:22 pm »

Really? It took three months for a response to this question?Huh 

Anyways, from what I understand, you have to trick nox into thinking it's a local area network ip rather than internet up address even though it's on the same network. I believe you have to use a memory editor.

I attempted this myself, and was not successful. There are many things I have not tried in doing this. I tried this while trying to connect to server through WOL, or XWIS.

So as I was stumbling around for games like D2 and DS2 I find this game.  It looks amazing.  I watch youtube.  I cream my pants.  Now I'm here....typing this to you all.  I love you and your community.  Teach me the ways of the Jedi!!!!!
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

E-Cock: 128

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »

You wait for the server to load in the available servers list, then you memory edit it to be their local ip instead of their global ip. Re-routing network traffic to the correct IP address should also work.

VoDkA
Apprentice

E-Cock: 0

When I drink water, I piss ice cubes.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:48 pm »

Yeah it works, I tried it. Still alot of a bullshit to go through for something that should just work though. I just have a dedicated nox server in my house now in DMZ mode and it connects without incident. Strange...  undecided

RIP AND TEAR, BABY! DANCE, BONEDADDY! DANCE!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx