gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
572363 Posts in 510035 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 April 22, 2019, 02:49:42 pm
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Character doesn't save after LAN game  (Read 2386 times)
KILAH4716
NEWB

E-Cock: 0

« on: February 05, 2014, 12:08:49 pm »

I wanted to post this in tech support, but I don't think I'm able to. I'll post it here, hoping an admin will move the thread to its appropriate spot.

I'm playing Nox again thanks to this site, and I'm considering Questing with my cousin online, and maybe my dad on LAN, but I've encountered a problem: the host saves the character fine, but the character on the other computer doesn't save their character. This causes my spells/skills to be forgotten or reorganized, and my inventory to also be reset, which would be annoying after a 5-quest spree of collecting armor and weapons.

I caught a glimpse of the word "error" as I was observing this problem, and did as much troubleshooting on my own as I could. I tried to "save" a character on a multi-player game. I wanted to see if the console would tell me anything about the error, and it kind of did. When I got the error, I popped up the console, and read this message:

"SavePlayerOnClient: Error - character file too small 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Nox\save\K02.plr'

This was followed by the date which I received the error. I find it odd that I only get this error from the computer who's NOT hosting, but as a host, it saves perfectly fine. Obviously in a standard multiplayer game this wouldn't matter as much, but in Quests, it's pretty freaking important. Any idea on how to fix this issue?
PuffCaKe
Adept

E-Cock: 2

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:47:21 pm »

Hey I am not an expert but I have had some problems kind of like this.

Do you ever close the program with alt+f4? Or without properly leaving the game?
If you do you should always at least quit the game so that the character can save, also if the host leaves or crashes all other players will lose their data (weapons and stuff) when the server closes.

Also some maps that have weapon and armor are hacked and don't properly store in the character data resulting in a corrupt character and the game will reset your character. Your spells will most commonly stay in their slots if this happens but you wont be able to cast them. If you go to your spell book all the spells/abls will be gone (reset yo default).

You may want to save your character files in your Nox folder and then delete the Nox folder and re install, then try a new character before you put back your old saves. If you get the same results then sorry I cant help you. Otherwise replace your old saves and continue playing.

GL HF
#zx.pr0jk
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: 203

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:58:23 pm »

I vaguely recall there being conflicts when joining games on a local network. There's a thread somewhere, I think, unless it was talked about elsewhere. It's not about your issue in particular, but I think local hosts would often reject/kick people that joined on the same network for some reason. Or maybe it was joining a public game from a computer on the same network as the host. Kinda fuzzy on the details. If you're playing fine, I guess that wouldn't be the problem but it may be related.

If you're actually losing everything, and spawn naked the second time, it's because you have items you aren't supposed to. Like having two max enchant affixes to a weapon. Greatsword of Fire of Fire, or Knight's Helm of Regeneration and Regeneration kind of things. You can only get these by someone editing an item to have affixes they shouldn't have so it wouldn't happen randomly.

Everyone, are you ready for doom? Because I blacken the sun and bloody the moon.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx