gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
572363 Posts in 510035 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 August 19, 2019, 12:48:47 pm
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Black screen & flashing mouse cursors  (Read 22535 times)
Jaxx
NEWB

E-Cock: 0

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 08:50:07 pm »

Ever figure out a solution to this? I'm having the same problem  cry
NOLIMIT12
Veteran

E-Cock: -4

First 7 2004-11-21

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 02:15:35 am »

i ve kept my old pc intacted with xp loaded the hassles of geting old games to work on these new os seem to be a headache.

][\][()][_][][V][]["]["
PuffCaKe
Adept

E-Cock: 2

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 02:06:36 am »

I have a windows 7 computer with An AMD dual graphics cards, it Works great with nox, there is no problems at all with it, except that for some reason recently The nox window appears in a small window in the center with black all around it, it is just like the normal nox but zoomed out. But when I plug in an external monitor (my computer is a laptop) this issue is fixed. The alternate option to fixing this the 16 bit -window form, but unlike any other computer I have seen the game is much more pixel-y. On a small monitor it looked worse than nox did on a widescreen 27 inch monitor. It is strange because my other computer with an nvid graphics card works just fine and it looks like a much higher resolution.

Just a question that may fix all of these problems
Would it be possible to temporarily turn off the graphics cards, I am not the smartest with computers but would be possible, That would solve all the problems with Nvidia issues? I don't think older computers even had a detected graphics card did they? I thought it was just the work of the CPU? Nowadays' CPU's would be more than sufficient for running nox anyway so...? I don't know if that makes sense at all, I was only born last year you know. Cheesy

Yeah, sorry if that last was really stupid or anything... I am not the biggest computer nerd in the world. Prob just talking nonsense anyway.

Not really a problem anymore for me anyway because I have a bigger monitor for my AMD computer.
Gigantic Whore - War/Wiz/Con/3v3 Champ
Tourny Champ
Great

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 09:30:52 pm »

Need a solution to this as well, I'm running windows 8 on my new laptop. Hopefully there is a way or I guess I wont play nox lol, I was hoping to play around on the solo campaign too.

Also I can't download nox quest, the page doesn't work or it can't be found.
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

E-Cock: 128

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 10:33:56 pm »

try it with -window and with the SDL patch

Gigantic Whore - War/Wiz/Con/3v3 Champ
Tourny Champ
Great

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 11:43:16 pm »

try it with -window and with the SDL patch

Nice thanks man, the -window in the target selection works. Now to get nox quest to work.
PuffCaKe
Adept

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

*EDIT* Please DO NOT do this on a computer with an OS you actually care about, it may delete your master boot file or mess with your computer, there are tons of people I hear who cant boot from windows after doing this!*

Here is how I got ANY old game running on any OS with no OS caused problems, although I am not sure if the Nvid cards would still be an issue.
This fix would be installing your favourite linux distro onto a flashdrive. (boot-able flash)

First - Download this usb/iso writer that I attached, I believe you can also get it off of the linux website.

Second - Download an ISO file of your fave linux distro, My fave is Linux Mint 15 (so far) you will have to go to the linux website to download it
here is the link to mine, I was using the mint 15 cinnamon : http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Third - insert a usb and use the Universal usb creator to select your ISO file and install it on a flashdrive, I found that over at least 8 is needed (don't forget to format to Fat32.) Do note that you should designate memory for system changes on the flash-drive, as much as you can but by adding this option it will take longer to make the usb

Fourth - boot from the flashdrive

Fifth - Install w
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:43:19 pm by PuffCaKe » Logged
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »

Jesus christ, just stop it, if he wanted to run off of a flashed linux distro then he sure as hell could have googled for the same tutorial that you just fully re-typed.

PuffCaKe
Adept

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 04:35:38 pm »

To knowledge I did not retype any tutorial and it was more of a suggestion on how to play nox on any computer, the tutorial was there just for the newbies, obviously people like you and Immortal could prob do this yourself, but if it was me a year ago I would have loved this tutorial. It would have solved 99% of my computer problems.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:46:50 pm by PuffCaKe » Logged
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »

It is 10x harder to set that up then it is to solve pretty much any nox issue with windows. Not that wine is bad, but if you are already running windows and trying to play a game built for it, setting up a second OS ust for that game is pretty off the wall.

PuffCaKe
Adept

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 11:50:49 pm »

HAHAH! I completely agree with the diffuculty of it, or more there of, the only reason I actually did this at all was because I have a 2009 vista desktop computer with a dead HDD. So I took the time to investegate linux, Low and behold Nox worked!!! Same with Starcraft/Starcraft broodwar which I could not get working from a disk on any other modern Windows OS. Nox worked fine on the vista computer but not on any of my windows 7 computers and not on any windows * computers I have seen.

Anyway, if you have an old dead computer lying around, chances are it is just a damaged HDD (hard drive) and if you install linux on a flashdrive you may be able to make the computer work again! Good luck, Have fun!

Posted on: August 08, 2013, 07:48:15 PM
Is it just me or did half of my tutorial disappear! >.<
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 12:30:47 am »

Well it shows last edit by you today, so yes, it probably did disappear when you edited your post >.<

PuffCaKe
Adept

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 03:57:13 am »

BAHAHAHAH!!!! Yeah! Knowing my mad computer skills I probably did! Hahahahaha~! When I say Mad, I me fucking retarded! xD
royal666
Legendary

E-Cock: -1

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 04:57:28 am »

Actually, I wish linux got more game, better hardware support. I'm starting to get really sick of windows.

Especially the handicap features.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:59:21 am by royal666 » Logged

So as I was stumbling around for games like D2 and DS2 I find this game.  It looks amazing.  I watch youtube.  I cream my pants.  Now I'm here....typing this to you all.  I love you and your community.  Teach me the ways of the Jedi!!!!!
nitros
Apprentice

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 06:35:34 am »

if anyone comes accross this problem again in windows 8.1 i was able to fix it by using the following settings

640/480

Reduced colour mode - 16 bit

Run as administrator

compatibility mode - windows 8 (dont know why this worked)

-window after the target destination
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx