gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
572363 Posts in 510035 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 June 27, 2019, 02:55:30 am
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print
Author Topic: the legend. the myth. NOX  (Read 110146 times)
mothafuckajones
NEWB

E-Cock: 0

« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:39 am »

I was PEPE btw..

LOL REALLY? PEPE AND PACO were by far the 2 funniest wizzies i've seen play hahaha. i'm sure PACO was sgok then was he? no one had mom skills like  he did.

Imm0Rtal
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: -17

Shady@Noxhub.net

« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2012, 06:37:30 am »

I'm not sure but those were good times.. I remember Tempest too and a few others.

MILO!!!
VIP
1337+

E-Cock: 10

Admin

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2012, 08:07:04 am »

Mila would be, and is, a womans name but Milo implies masculinity
Posted on: February 17, 2012, 03:05:29 AM
i can definitively remember not casting mom because of the massive feedback you got when you did but eventually i put it in my sets

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

E-Cock: 128

« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2012, 01:24:38 pm »

Never mind that mom is one of the easiest to counter spells at that.

philliyxx
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: 34

!M NOT $|_@yE|2 !!!mUAHAHAAAHHAFHHH

« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2012, 10:46:04 pm »

Mila would be, and is, a womans name but Milo implies masculinity
Posted on: February 17, 2012, 03:05:29 AM
i can definitively remember not casting mom because of the massive feedback you got when you did but eventually i put it in my sets
I would get harped on for using fireball before mom

Official Nox Help and Suport Topic 
http://www.noxforum.net/index.php?topic=1472.0
Rember, 1472 if you have no fucking clue
MILO!!!
VIP
1337+

Admin

« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2012, 07:37:19 am »

the goood news is that its all cool now, you can even cast fumble

hks489
NEWB

« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2012, 07:01:00 am »

Hi guys! Great to see the community is still alive! Hi to all my old friends on here! I sorta skimmed through the previous posts and it's great to read the history again.

I actually have quite the memory of the clan histories from the beginning so if you guys are interested, i can elaborate.
MILO!!!
VIP
1337+

Admin

« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2012, 09:01:11 am »

Thank you, please do

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

E-Cock: 128

« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2012, 01:25:06 pm »

Always interesting

Go on

Xendyn
NEWB

« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:53 pm »

My old friends!

I'm so glad I found this awesome forum! I just wanted to chime in here to say hello to everyone that loved this game as much as I did. This game was the single best online multiplayer gaming/clan experience that I've ever had, and I know that many others can say the same. Those daze screenshots really took me back (it looks like I'm in a few!), but clanning in DP, blur, daze, and all the rest of them was truly awesome.

I want to give a special shoutout to exime, zeez, gyzmo, mastamage, el hefe, and hks, who I saw post on this thread and most (if not all?) of whom I clanned with back in the day. You guys were masters of the game, and I admired your skill and talent so much.  I didn't read every post in this thread so I'm sorry if I left someone out. I'm gonna go back and reread this later when I'm not sneaking in some personal internet browsing at work.

But yeah it's great to see all of you. I'm gonna start checking these forums and getting involved in the community more often now.

Cheers guys!
Memnoch
NEWB

« Reply #250 on: June 15, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »

Can't believe this game is still going.  I may reinstall and get my ass kicked a bit more.  I do miss the asskickings the most.  It is nice to see so many old faces, well, old screen names.
philliyxx
Global Moderator
1337+

« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2012, 06:08:40 am »

Anyone want to play tomorrow?

PuffCaKe
Adept

E-Cock: 2

« Reply #252 on: July 05, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »

i am not sure if your tomorrow is here or too late but i will! i on right now
Original RazIeL
NEWB

« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2012, 09:21:16 pm »

Hey whatsup, like most of the people I was around like 7th grade when I picked up Nox. At the time I was going to a local video game store at the mall and buying a game, taking it home and burning it and returning it...until I randomly stumbled on this game and kept it.

Started off playing CTF servers doing dumb shit then went to the free for all server one day and killed this guy called [Krazy] Calix a bunch of times.  From there he invited me to meet the Krazy crew, ( Robdogg, Yze5150,other guys) and we battled Ember (zeavis and his guys) later that night.

This was maybe a month or so before the tournament everyone was talking about where the winner got flown out to Vegas or something and got a prize, or maybe 3 guys got to go.  To my recollection the top guilds were ICE, Ember, Krazy. I remember NNN as well but those 3 stick out the most at the time. The beef we had with each other was really entertaining, usual top was Slights crew ICE then Krazy then Ember.

Slight was an employee of westwood, he would really help everyone out by getting GM's to talk to the public and have us give infos in the chat channels, lots of people became friends with westwood gm's because of this.  I only kept in contact w/ Slight for a few years after like exime mentioned he was in Cal-i CS team called Team Vicious when it was really popular and when I last spoke to him he was a school teacher.

I was in Krazy for a long time and stayed with it until I was basically the last member, from there the game was basically a joke to me, most people had moved on to Diablo 2 or something else.  It was around this time that the 2nd generation of players starting popping up and many of the guys who would continue to play the game for the next few years came around.  Lots of the OG players who were still addicted would just makeup fake account names in fake guilds and get them to the top of the ladder and keep it secret...basically just ways of keeping ourselves entertained.

The game never really was the same since I experienced so much of the first few months of it, CTF battles between clans, 1v1 battles, warming up for team deathmatches..being part of a crew of good ass players and coming together to stomp out another crew was the best feeling I had ever had in any game up until that point.  When Sages was formed by Tempest (i think) we had enough guilds to fight against that it felt really fun, but the fact was that we were just to overpowered.

guilds I can remember that I was in

Krazy
ICE
9mm
Sages

Lots of shit happened in the game and I was using 56k 350ping for almost the entirety I played it, having 50 ping automatically made you an insanely good player as I found out later when it became available.

moves that stick out were the shock + TTT and death ray staff at the same time, funny things were how every wiz had his own crazy ass way of setting up spells...I don't think it was until Tempest was a celebrity that newbies started asking him on how his spell sets were setup lol.

I saw the entire gameplay change over the course of about the first 2 years. You used to be able to get away with a lot of spells(obliterate traps especially), nobody used reflects, spell cancels, spell reflect shields or even spell shields in the early game, so all the running in figure 8's trying to land spells on other guys and chasing them was much faster.

The warrior class is very ping dependent, on sidestep sword swings, chasing through blinks, and control timing...if you were a 50ping war vs a 350ping wiz you could easily figure out where you needed to rush into em...almost in slow mo.

i accidentally invented a lag move using 56k, where i would teleport behind someones reflect shield and shoot my death ray mid teleport. It would send it from where i would end up at, hitting them in the back and killing them.

I remember a lot of names, made a lot of friends but only keep in contact with El Hefe who just got married and has a kid now.  I still talk to him regularly about music and stuff.

SADplayer joined the Army and last time i spoke to him he was flight attendant.

Trunkx was living on his mom's couch and working for Walmart in South Dakota.

I played some games w/ Tempest on Fileplanet servers but that was about it

I have contacts on AIM for Zeavis,Meiji,Ace,some others but I don't contact them.

Zeezo if your reading this I remember you being an annoying wiz but I never really became friends with you

Quinnman was def the cheesiest player in the history of the game, he was a gimic player who never tried to get better at fighting.

also Lunatik, he was the guy who I actually gamed the most with after Nox, he convinced me to convince my mom to let me play Everquest for like 7$ a month..and from there we went on to doing the whole top guild MMO from EQ-DAOC-WoW.

====================================

I played with dozens of names but the one I started with was [Krazy] RaZieL, or [Krazy] EdGeZ

I remember there was another fag named RaZieL who started playing much later than me, possibly even tried to copy me.  I confronted him and dueled him for the name and wooped his ass, nevertheless he continued to use the name lol...I had pretty much quit at that point so it wasn't really a big deal.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:31:44 am by Original RazIeL » Logged
philliyxx
Global Moderator
1337+

« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:54 pm »

You burned games back then? In 7th grade lol.

Anyways. The nostalgia is strong with you. My haydays were with LutherX bubonic and the clan AGE and UH with Javier

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx