gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
487778 Posts in 425450 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 January 17, 2019, 07:48:31 pm
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scheduled Scrim times/Practice Time  (Read 4201 times)
#zx.pr0jk
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: 203

« on: May 31, 2009, 04:14:30 pm »

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ&POST HERE IF YOU HAVE TF2 AT ALL EVEN IF YOU DON'T POST MUCH.

b4 wall of text, see bottom for tl;dr

The current paradigm:
  • Scrim if 6 people are on
  • Never practice
  • No pugs
  • General Douchebaggery

Suggested paradigm:
  • Schedule a couple dedicated times for scrimming
  • Schedule a time of the week for inter-group practice
  • If we can't scrim for whatever reason, we pug
  • Sophisticated Douchebaggery

Reasons for change:
Hoping people are on so we can scrim is a shitty, terrible, unreliable, system. For example, this weekend we intended to Scrim but because of a lack of communication we couldn't. I suggest dedicated times that we plan to scrim. If we know times when we will fixate on scrims, we will improve the chances of people being on for them. Now, this doesn't mean you are required to show up at all the times(hell, can't force you anyway), it's just to provide windows that we will want to have to hopefully have people for.

Currently, we don't practice. That's just retarded by any standard of logic. If I have to hear one more dick measuring contest between two people that doesn't matter because it's a fucking team game, I'm going to shit in your GPU's. If you want to jockey for team placement, fine, but the "i'm better at w/e" helps us in no way if it ends up taking 2 hours of our time or eats the channel with off-topic flaming. Time that would be better spent practicing working together in scenarios. We don't need 12 people to practice a scenario. With four people we can practice the combo's defense against a pair of Scouts rushing the medic. Just an example. And news flash, none of us are good enough to win a scrim by ourselves (unless it's against FITH apparently).

If we can't scrim during a dedicated time, then let's make the effort to get some sort of outside practice in the form of pugs, or divided scrims. I'd rather hear about how you are a pugstar than a pubstar, aka spamstar. Pugging isn't much fun when you're alone, but it will definitely improve your personal game since it's modelled after the games we intend to play. Consider every pug a test of what you will do if your team hates you and is picking apart everything you do wrong. Especially for the medic. It's survival training extreme with 5 drill sergeants. If you can't fill your main in a pug, then play what the group needs and practice that. It doesn't matter if your team gets rolled because you aren't comfortable with your class. It will force you to experience something you wouldn't otherwise and may give you a new insight into counters and class dynamics.

Keep the douchebaggery that makes us NoxNet. But be aware, in a scrim, it will end our game quickly. Don't be offensive there. Just like any other game, at a competitive level, unsportsmanlike conduct is grounds for disqualification, elimination, forfeit, or a ban not just for you, but for the group as well. Seriously, don't start a scrim that is being watched with "nigger nigger nigger nigger" for everyone to see. I'll mail you a trucker bomb for that templar. And just because the round is over doesn't mean the ban on unsportsmanlike conduct is lifted. If we just won and then you call the other team a bunch of fag niggers in open chat, the game can still be overturned.

So, all that in mind, I'd like to see a roll-call that includes everyone that plays TF2, interested in scrims or not to post here. Please take this seriously because I intend to groom(formatting) your posts to keep this as organized as possible. Follow this template, please:

If you want to scrim:
  • Level of interest ranging from: If I feel like it, When I can make it, I'll make time for it, School/Work is easily cancelled for this
  • Employed/School (Full-time/Part-time)
  • Varying Schedule/Set Schedule
  • Best days and hours available

If you just have TF2, don't play much, or don't care about scrims:
  • What would get you interested in scrims
  • Would you participate in inter-group practice
  • Best days and hours available

Assume you are not part of the team unless you post here since we have a lot of "implied" dedication to the team. I want to work word of mouth out of the group so we can refer to written words in the future if we want to count on you. And believe me, we are counting on you. If you say you can make time for scrims and then don't show up, it will be your fault we couldn't scrim. If this keeps happening, you obviously don't care to scrim and should not be upset when someone else gets your spot and you get benched even if you are on. The reason for this is because this is a team game and just because you may be a better player than the other person doesn't mean you've got an understanding of how the group works together since you only play in pubs or with one or two of the other members. It also speaks for your level of interest in competitive play which doesn't mean you're a piece of shit, just that you found out you don't like the level of dedication required or that your schedule just doesn't permit. But to keep it nox-ish, yes you are a piece of shit if you aren't on for the scrims.

tl;dr: Read the fucking post you lazy sack of shit. I hate you for being a worthless faggot.

Everyone, are you ready for doom? Because I blacken the sun and bloody the moon.
Reynold (Teh Pirate!)
VIP
1337+

E-Cock: 53

OLDSCHOOL AVA YO

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:13:50 pm »

Not Interested.
Not reliable during summer.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:23:54 pm by mod.prophet » Logged

morden is son of bitch
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

E-Cock: 128

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:37:03 pm »

No-one dick jockeys for class, pretty much everyone knows what they have and what they don't, we just don't know how it's all going to fit together yet.

Except dracula now that he doesn't want to be demo, we don't need 4 scouts.

Oh and NEWSFLASH, there are no pugs except for ESEA now because gather is dead, gather is pretty much pubbing now. The only way you'd get a real pug is to make buddies with a dedicated clan (NQA was our best bet) and join in on pugging with them. As it stands there isn't enough players to pug for ourselves and we can't interclan scrim with 3v3 because it doesn't have the actual gameplay element.

We also can't practice in pubs/pugs/scrims without a medic, the medic makes the team. Since it's mid season, the occasional scrim is about all we can hope for, and I can't set dates because no-one has the same schedule. Last night was a good bet, but I can't control Tiffany being sick, templar being a faggot, and xan popping in and out all night.

I've been trying to find a god damned place for you in the team since the topic came up and you haven't helped me find it for you. Until we get a class layout we can't work on what we need to do. What we need is one long ass conversation on vent with everyone there were we make final decisions so we can get the ball rolling.

no topics, topics move too slow, a VENT conversation, between everyone, where we finally settle on the MAIN class layout. Once we have a solid class structure, we can practice that, then work on alternative layouts. But we need dedication and practice on the main classes.

Xan
Team Blue
Veteran

E-Cock: 1

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:13:01 am »

I've been trying to find a god damned place for you in the team since the topic came up and you haven't helped me find it for you. Until we get a class layout we can't work on what we need to do. What we need is one long ass conversation on vent with everyone there were we make final decisions so we can get the ball rolling.

no topics, topics move too slow, a VENT conversation, between everyone, where we finally settle on the MAIN class layout. Once we have a solid class structure, we can practice that, then work on alternative layouts. But we need dedication and practice on the main classes.
THIS.

This needs to happen before we move on to the next step. Those that are truly interested will be there. I say this happens the first night everyone is on.
#zx.pr0jk
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: 203

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:35:52 am »

If you're talking to me, I thought I was Solly -> Medic fill. Where was that confused?

And any pug is better than no pug. You don't seriously expect Tiffany to pay for an ESEA account when even Xan said it's boring/no games.

Everyone, are you ready for doom? Because I blacken the sun and bloody the moon.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx