gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
572363 Posts in 510035 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 November 14, 2019, 05:48:01 pm
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Reply Print
Author Topic: Dedicated Nox Server  (Read 86397 times)
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

E-Cock: 128

« on: February 20, 2007, 01:23:22 pm »

Morden loves you and officially applies for the title "Nox Sugar Daddy".

I went ahead and bought a 100mbs server to run dedicated nox servers on. 100MBs CTF and arena are the new servers, go ahead and try them out. I'm looking into setting up multiple servers at the moment (I had to make a custom program to even host one).
Posted on: February 20, 2007, 12:36:53 AM
*edit* Bear with me, it started out at the full 30fps, but it had something fuck up and went to 16 fps and is kinda slo mo. I'm looking into why it suddenly slowed down.

*edit* Submitted a ticket to them asking about the problem.

*edit* Problem should be fixed, please login and test play.

*edit* 3 servers up so far (CTF, Arena,Flagball), no apparent lag. Can't host an elimination untill I update my autohost program. With the total lack of differewnce with 3 servers copared to 1, i'm thinking 4 or 5 should be an easy host for this server. I'll bump up a Elim next, and then a kotr.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:33:40 am by Morden Tral » Logged

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:40:26 am »

Quest server updated thanks to zoaedk, quest now has no warp limit, also there is no limit as to how many players can actully be playing quest at once.

Modifier.bin edits:

Ahnks are now sold untill level 200 and max ankhs are 200. Sell ratio raised so that you can afford enough ankhs to not lose a char every couple of mins.

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 04:06:54 pm »

Quest keeps crashing, its not the mod, its just being a bitch......i'll fix it somehow

Anyway I started up a Ultima Online server as well on my server, so far no harm to the nox servers. In fact having a background process kicked the nox servers up to an average of 34  fps (it actully improved them in other words).

Anyone interested in the UO server (blob is running it and donations will help support the server). PM blob, or join the ventrilo server, or join at

ip: 75.126.130.137

with the standard UO port (2593).

I will be setting up a paypal account for server donations, i'm not telling you to donate or saying that I will stop supporting the server if no-one does. However it would be nice to get some support from you guys to keep it going and possibly upgrade the server someday.

This paypal will not require you to have a paypal account to donate btw, also if you DO have a paypal then you won't need a credit/debit card. Funding beyond the half way point for my monthly payments on the server will probably go towards upgrading the server itself or providing ladder rewards when the system is complete.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:13:22 am by Morden Tral » Logged

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 03:14:46 pm »

Xwis has been going down alot lately and it went down compleatly today for a half hour or so. I checked out their forum and they have been doing server maintenance, hopefully that was the end of it and we should have stable servers again.

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:42:02 pm »

Server down for a bit, having work done to it....seems to have had a faulty fan and shut itself down when it overheated......or at least thats what they tell me is wrong with it (cant check myself since I live 3 hours away from its location).

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 12:06:24 am »

The above has been resolved.....servers back up.

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 06:16:56 pm »

Did some admin work on the servers, turns out they were only using one of my duel processors, so I assigned the game servers to their own processor, this should result in faster game servers AND ladder display and generation. I'm leaving a single server up for now to test its acumulated impact over long periods of time, I'll bring the rest up later.

Also sewers.map and paradise.map and tbhold.map are in the mapcycle for all servers (Tbhold is a beta map that is out for testing, made by rougeteddy bear).

I will be adding a map of templars tot he cycle as well and hpefully soon Ogrelords tropical arena map.

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 02:06:11 pm »

My host has upgraded my dedicated server to a new service that comes free of charge for me. I was unaware of this until this morning but I am now running on a gamerail compatible service.

Anyone willing to pay a small monthly fee can sign up to the gamerail service and get a DIRECT link to my server (and all other defcon hosting servers), this means that if you are one of those poor souls that lives near chicago but STILL gets 130 ping, you would prob go down to 30-40 ping, those that allready get low ping would get lower, and guys that live IN chicago would prob go to like 10 latency.

Gamerail bypasses all public routes and taps into a game dedicated network so your packets don't have to bounce all over before reaching the server.

Information can be found at: http://gamerail.com/

They claim up to an 80% increase in speed and near LAN gameplay, I can't verify this but am going to sign up for the beta and see just how good it is.

Gamerail FAQ & Pricing: http://www.gamerail.com/index.php?family=Modules,SimplePage,faq#Payment
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 02:14:12 pm by Morden Tral » Logged

Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

Oh yeah, and gamerail is up as an open beta right now...so signing up is free and you can test the service for awhile.

n0x
Veteran

E-Cock: 2

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 04:10:25 am »

is the server still up and running???
KnightTemplar
Arch

E-Cock: 16

NoX Map Maker

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 04:28:51 am »

Nope. That was two years ago.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Stop posting and fucking blow your brains out
NOLIMIT12
Veteran

E-Cock: -4

First 7 2004-11-21

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 03:26:50 am »

be sweet if we could get another one goin for this summer id throw down

][\][()][_][][V][]["]["
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 01:24:17 pm »

I would love to have another dedicated just so I could host L4D, TF2, CSS and NoX all at once. However with the lowest price being around 150 a month, it's not something I am going to do right now.

We might want to consider expanding our steam membership and starting a fund system up.

#zx.pr0jk
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: 203

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 03:24:22 pm »

NoxNet could use expanding? It's a bold new world.

I support it.

Everyone, are you ready for doom? Because I blacken the sun and bloody the moon.
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »

I mean hell, we already picked up blackjack and stinger and a few others through steam, they are all cool and well worth having around. Why not find some more players worth our time and keep them around?

IE: Not Xans freinds

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Reply Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx