gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
461688 Posts in 399360 Topics by 8218 Members - Latest Member: zaq003 December 12, 2018, 02:49:11 pm
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Easier NoX Download  (Read 354022 times)
Halo99
NEWB

E-Cock: 0

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 02:35:24 pm »

OH NO, its not working for me.

Tried in both 95 and 98 compatibility modes and im just getting "encountered a problem....etc"
heldunder
NEWB

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 03:00:34 am »

>yeah I'm getting an issue when i try to run it also, and when i first had the game i switched to xp and it worked, i get into ware the menu should be and it crashes.
NOLIMIT12
Veteran

E-Cock: -4

First 7 2004-11-21

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 10:22:47 am »

OH NO, its not working for me.

Tried in both 95 and 98 compatibility modes and im just getting "encountered a problem....etc"

not working for me either i think it quit workin when i updated a video driver so  i haven t got any of the downloads to work i haven t try to install off cd again last time i did that i wasn t able to find all the updates when i tryed to update my cd from patches it wouldn t finish missing files i belive sigh

][\][()][_][][V][]["]["
Dark Tom
NEWB

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 11:07:02 am »

Hmmm... Since nobody can't seem to join a server i create, I tried to Dl this Nox..
However I seem to get the same problem as the others.
Info:

Installed to Default Folder (D:/Program Files/Nox)
Same counts for westwood

Dled Dialogs and music afterwarts and pasted those in my Nox Instal Dictory.

Since its already updated, i didn't aply any updates, Once I click te NoCd exe, I get a black screen and an error report.
I've got no idea what the problem is, i probally did something dumb again.
Might anyone have a solution?

Ps: Sorry for my English.. it sucks... atleast... I think..

EDIT: nvm, forgot that the search button existed =)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:11:51 pm by Dark Tom » Logged
smacksnox
Retards
Apprentice

E-Cock: -2

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 07:54:50 pm »

This solution is already out there but seeing as many people would probably go to this thread and just download/install the game they would check here.

Solution:

Go to Nox\Nox1.2bNoCdL.exe
Right click Nox1.2bNoCdL.exe and copy
Go to your desktop and right click paste shortcut
Right click on the shortcut and click properties
Add -window after the last quotation (")

Mine would be "C:\Program Files\Nox\Nox1.2bNoCdL.exe" -window

To run nox now you must change your display to 16bit by right clicking on your desktop and properties, settings and changing color quality.
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

E-Cock: 128

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 08:00:20 pm »

OR you could link to the thread with pictures retard: http://www.noxforum.net/index.php?topic=5580.0

However his REAL problem is he doesn't have his router set up correctly.

Killerz
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 04:28:01 am »

If you have a rapidshare account,

http://rapidshare.com/files/125766250/NoX.rar

Password
Code:
noxforum.net
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:50:53 pm by Killerz » Logged
SirDandZ
NEWB

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 11:23:18 pm »

when i try to download, the "Easier Nox Download" it takes my computer say 1 hour to download it then once it does, I double click the .exe and hit extract, and it gives me a error reply, (I currently can not tell you exactly what it says because I deleted it out of anger, but I'm redownloading it, and will edit this to say what it says asap.   I then tried as many other ways to download, I tried one of someone elses (the one that has a password which he said was noxforum.net which didn't work for me it said invalid password) then I tried the big ziped one that has Utorrent and all the different download, and that one worked and i finally got nox to install and then as soon as it installed i clicked "i would like to play nox now" after the Westwood Logo and the cutscene the whole No\ shows up and the sword goes thew the \ to make a X, when i click on that screen or the animation ends Nox just flashes between that screen and black extremely rapidly IDK if there is anything i can do to fix that, or if the Nox game itself in that Zip was f'd up... i miss this game so much and lost my CD and would do anything to play it again thanks in advanced for your help and putting this up for download!

that is what happens when I try extracting the "Easier Nox Download"

here is the detailed Error Report
"Extracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\wzde99\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: yes
Extracting NoxInstall.exe
Error:  invalid compressed data to inflate"

Imm0Rtal
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: -17

Shady@Noxhub.net

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 11:35:46 pm »

WinRAR

SirDandZ
NEWB

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 12:01:15 am »

this didn't work either, the files finally worked, when i used winrar and when i installed them everything went well, then when i click on nox to play it just shows a black screen. I was reading around before posting this and saw other places that someone said to go in and add -windowed  and then change my settings to medium(16 bit)  and i tried that and still just showed a black screen, when i Alt F4, or ctrl alt del it away it comes up with the error, screen that has
Debug, Send Error Report, Dont Send Error Report.

its the one that shows up anytime an error happens so i believe there is no need for a print screen if you think one would be helpful let me know and ill add on asap

Fixed Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:06:36 am by SirDandZ » Logged
zzenn
NEWB

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 08:18:42 am »

I would like to suggest the addition of a par2 file, to this download (specifically the installer).

http://www.quickpar.org.uk/

That program makes par2 files. They are advanced recovery files that can recover missing parts, anywhere in a file, equal to the size of the recovery file itself. Amazing!

The reason I request this is because I've now had two failed downloads. They finish just fine (with dl manager) but the archive turns up corrupt. Using a semi slow connection, it's a bit of a pain to redownload all the time - and probably a waste of whomever's bandwidth too.

A small par2 file, maybe five in size should do, just add a few slices in it and it's smooth sailing.

My 2 cents. Oh, and thanks for this. Nox is a seriously awesome game!
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 11:44:46 am »

Why don't you try NOT using download manager if you don't want corrupt files?

zzenn
NEWB

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 01:07:19 pm »

I did! Twice from my browser.Then I tried a download manager (net transport), in case it was my browser that gave issues. Same problem.
It was just a suggestion to help folks on a slow dl who might get a corrupt file - plus save you some bandwidth. No need to get angry.

And for the record, I practically never have corrupt dls otherwise.

Edit: The fourth attempt, with dl manager (set to one thread), from the other mirror finally arrived uncorrupted.

Thanks for the nox goodness Smiley
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:52:15 pm by zzenn » Logged
Morden Tral
Administrator
1337+

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 01:28:51 pm »

Who said I was angry?

philliyxx
Global Moderator
1337+

E-Cock: 34

!M NOT $|_@yE|2 !!!mUAHAHAAAHHAFHHH

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 02:53:04 am »

Who said I was angry?

you do usually post with a bad attitude, like you havn't been getting laid or something geez.

Official Nox Help and Suport Topic 
http://www.noxforum.net/index.php?topic=1472.0
Rember, 1472 if you have no fucking clue
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx