Latest Map Editor Download:www.noxhub.net/Downloads/NoXTools.zipMap editor v Alpha 0.9
This is the largest change / release of the editor since scripting, the following table will list most (but not all) of the changes and modifications made.
- Scripting system revamped
- Default mods for objects exportable
- Mod box editing scripts added
- You can now select what object you want to create
- New maps are supported and the editor loads with a new map
- Several operations sped up
- 3x3 added back in
- Graphical element updated to work properly with deleted items
- Large map view has "Invert colors" menu item now
- Large map has new "Show names" menu item (replaces extent displays with objects names)
- Minimap has "Go to center" option
- Large map has "Snap to center" option (like snap to grid, but snaps to center of tile)
- All function names updated
- Nox wiki added in as web accessed help system
- Several crashs fixed
- Splash page added to show loading (needs new graphic, saying "Noxforum"
- Reorder extents menu item added to Large Map (Sorts all objects and sets them to new incremental extents)
- Script reference system added (you can write your own .rtf files to explain functions and they will display when used)
- Scripting now has full syntax highlighting
- Export Binary feature added so you can create and view mods easier (good for mod editor scripting)
Many more minor changes...Things not added *yet*
- Auto tiling floors (Have a new variation i want, have not done it yet)
- Flood fill floors
- Displaying walls in graphical element
- Z ordering objects in graphical element
- Built in npc,shopkeeper,colorlight,monster editors
Look to the Noxtools/scripts/object directory to find the default mods and mod editor scripts...Mod editor scripting is fairly straightforward and I or templar will be releasing a tutorial on request.Mod editor available variables/data typesINT
Look to the Noxtools/scripts/scriptdescs directory to find the script function descriptions. Making your own .rtf file with the name of a function will load automatically into the editor when you select that function in the scripting dialog.Download at: www.noxhub.net
(download the release for the new version)
Please install with the "Setup.exe" file instea dof the NoxTools.msi file, this will insure that you correctly install the new vc++ runtimes that are required to run the map editor. If you load the editor and it fails to run right away (you did not install properly), please look to the setup folder and find vcredist.exe and run it.
I am releasing this earlier then i wanted to because I am up against alot of new work and want to take this weekend to debug and get comments and feature requests.